Safe, positive, fun football for all
Thurlby Tigers Football Club’s aim is to provide a safe, secure environment to provide fun football for all. It endeavours to give the highest standard of football coaching that helps children to develop life skills as well as learn the sport, improve, enjoy and continuing playing football into their adult life.
The player is at the centre of everything we do
We aspire to offer the very best footballing opportunities for each individual and its paramount to us that we can provide a safe, friendly environment to allow children to develop in a variety of different ways whilst having the up most FUN.
We have no space for negativity at the club and we believe that we only ever have positive outcomes, whatever the score, whatever the league position.
The club advocates the RESPECT campaign and with regard to equality and inclusion it is an absolute commitment of the club that no child is ever excluded from playing football for reasons of gender, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion, sexual orientation or perceived ability as a footballer.
We strongly believe that football is a game to be played and enjoyed by everyone and will always endeavour to find footballing opportunities for each individual.
The Thurlby Tigers Football Club playing philosophy is set out from the transition of play model below with an approach that allows individuality and team play with all players playing a vital part of the game whatever the stage.
The 3 C’s are our new directive where we encourage:
- Confident Football
- Clever Football
- Creative Football
The model is split down in to:
Counter or Build
In possession / Attacking
- A possession-based approach played through the three-thirds of the pitch
- Quality passing and intelligent movement and support off the ball
- Penetrative, incisive and varied attacking play, allied to good finishing
- Counter-attacking whenever opportunities arise
- Individuals to use skill and dexterity to go past defenders in the final-third within variation.
Press or Delay
Out of possession / Defending
- A tactical approach to defending, in which all players contribute
- A controlled, calculated and assertive approach when and where necessary
- Defending starts in the final third
- Adaptability in either man marking or zonal systems
What others say…
Fun football for all
“With a child who has learning difficulties it was important for us to find a club that would accommodate his needs as well as grow his confidence.”
“Since being at Thurlby Tigers our son has developed a close group of friends and his confidence has improved greatly at home and at school. When I think of Thurlby Tigers I think friendship, fun, development and inclusion.”
View this seasons teams by age group
The latest info on COVID-19 and Grassroots Football.
Football should be enjoyed in a safe, positive environment.
Welfare and safeguarding is our first priority.